What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Infinity grip “default” button config from Spruce?

rmartingt

Well Known Member
Looking at possibly buying my grips from Spruce instead of directly from Infinity, but trying to figure out how much rewiring I’d need to do...

What is the default configuration of the buttons on the “with flap/brake” option, in terms of momentary vs. on/off pushbuttons? The website is not clear...

My Experience

Albeit 7 years ago, there is no "default" you tell them what switch configurations you want in each location. There should be no need for re-wiring.

Yeah its hard to tell from the website. Most people want a flaps switch on the stick, but you'll probably will have to call them. I originally purchased mine from them as well, but I don't recall how I made the selection. I recently actually changed out my flap switch to be momentary in both directions. These switches are not cheap so its best to get the correct configuration from the start.

I used the flap grip option, which requires a relay to control them. The other buttons are:

Trim hat
Black: AP disconnect (mom)
Green: Radio flip/flop (mom) [wouldn't bother again]
Red trigger: PTT (mom)
Blue: Not used (on/off). I tell newbees that it is the missile launcher

You can purchase replacement switches from ACS to replace what comes with the grip.

Disregard, Raymo answered the question as I was typing.

Thanks!

Adding: I’ve actually found frequency flip-flop very useful, but that’s because I’ve been exposed to a lot of formation flying...

Last edited:
The last few times I ordered them from Spruce they came with switches that were not momentary, so it required a changeout of most of them.

Vic

Suggestion

I suggest you go to Infinity website and download the switch / ordering form. That lists all the options available. Next, think about how you want to use the stick switches and after giving it much thought, order the options you desire.

After several years of use for my original selection, I decided I didn't need one function but wanted another in it's location. So I ordered the appropriate switch, opened the grip unsoldered the old, soldered the new; closed it all up and have been flying the "new" configuration for at least three years.

Will I want something different later? Maybe, and if I do, I know I can change to whatever fits my flying need (desire) at that time.

Back