What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tucson area hangars, long-term

vfr800

Well Known Member
Looks like we?ll be moving to Tucson this June for a couple years.

Thankfully the Air Force is sending us to yet another location with a significant RV presence. :D Welcome any info from the VAF community on area hangars with space to share for our -10, or good points of contact for T-hangars at the surrounding airports.

House location is TBD; glad to hear the gouge on the various airports. TUS, RYN, AVQ, 57AZ all seem to geographically have potential.

Thanks!

Hangar space

Ryan,

I keep my 10 in a hangar at KTUS. There are at least 6 other RV?s based there. I believe there is hangar space there. you can call Mike Crumrine at 520-907-3413 He manages the Hangar rentals for the airport.

Marana airport fills up in the winter. Space may come available there as the snowbirds head home for the winter. there are about 10 RV?s there.

I do not know much about Ryan airport.

Let me know when you get into town. 520-247-6232

Appreciate it

Thanks for the info, Alan & Jim!

Leaning towards TUS with AVQ as a close second. I?ll be calling some more next week.

Marana had an opening last week.

My friends at Marana say that there should be several (many?) openings coming up soon - the snowbirds are starting to leave AZ and they don't usually hold on to their hangars over the summer.

So finding one in June should be easy at AVQ.

Temporary options?

Still on the waitlist (TUS preferred)... and missing my RV that’s safely hangared 2.5hrs away at Glendale.

Anyone around Tucson have a room for a -10?

I’m hoping a local hangar opens soon, within 1-3 months. Maybe a snowbird whose RV isn’t here for the remainder of the summer season would like some rent for the space. Or if you’re aware of any open spots (short or long term), I’ll take a vector. Will give Mike C above call again as well.

Loving the Tucson area, and improved temps relative to the Phoenix valley!

Last edited:
Back