What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brake lining materials

kaweeka

Well Known Member
Is there anything definitive as to brake lining materials and which is "better"? I read about the differences between organic, semi-organic and metallic and understand the longevity, break-in and apparent advantages of each but, practically, has anyone got some comparative experience to offer a preference?
Thanks,
David

you will be stuck with whatever they make for your brakes. I have found that they only have one type (organic) for Cleveland/Parker brakes. I believe that all riveted linings are Organic, even though they may look like semi-metalic.

-Marc

Offhand, I can't tell you what the composition is, but I prefer the Matco linings over the Rapco ones...better bite and pedal feel.

you will be stuck with whatever they make for your brakes. I have found that they only have one type (organic) for Cleveland/Parker brakes. I believe that all riveted linings are Organic, even though they may look like semi-metalic.

-Marc

The Rapcos definitely have non-ferrous metal in them. You can see the copper or bronze shavings in the pad.

Back