What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FAB Wear

Tsabean

Recently there was a thread about the air filter wearing through the bottom of the FAB. I’ve searched all over for it but I’m not finding it.

Can some one point me in the right direction?

Thanks, Tom

I tried that Ron but it’s not the exact one I was thinking of. The one in question showed the bottom of the VA-130A air box worn through by the VA-130D filter plate.

Cheers

I tried that Ron but it’s not the exact one I was thinking of. The one in question showed the bottom of the VA-130A air box worn through by the VA-130D filter plate.

Cheers

On installations with a filter plate, the plate shouldn't touch the airbox. There should be an air gap.

The airboxes that wear through are the ones which use the fiberglass air box to seal the bottom of the filter. They are designed so the filter is in contact with the airbox.

Ok, thanks Kyle. My problem is the FAB is interfering with the cowl. To fix this I need to reduce the depth of the VA-130A fibreglass box. Thought there might be a wear issue but I see now I just need to ensure the filter plate doesn’t touch the bottom of the box.

Cheers, Tom

Back