What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GARMIN GSA28 AP - Fault since first power on

lucaperazzolli

Well Known Member
Hi,

I've just finished a brand new G3X 10" System installation on a new RV-8.

First test on the LRU (config mode) told me tha the AP unit has a problem.

Already verified the power/gnd line and it's ok. All the can system is ok.

As read in an old (2017) thread seems that the very first production stuff has some issues. This servo is in the wing from a couple of years ....

Any idea ?

AP_Fault.jpg

Last edited:
Hello Luke,

Please email this information to our support team at the contact information below. We will check your serial number range to determine if there are any known issues and assist in diagnosing from that point.

BR,

Brad

Thanks Brad,

I already did it two days ago, no answer so tried VAF ;)

I?ll send it again.

Thanks a lot for your answer

Luke

Hello Luke,

Please email this information to our support team at the contact information below. We will check your serial number range to determine if there are any known issues and assist in diagnosing from that point.

BR,

Brad

On my installation, one of the servos was not jumpered properly, so the system thought that I had two roll servos or two pitch servos, don't remember which. That's an easy thing to check, and the error message wasn't real helpful.

Good news is that it was an easy fix.

Ed

Just received the email from the customer support.

Thanks for the great service.

Luke

Hello Luke,

BR,

Brad

Great Service

I had a GSA 28 roll servo that showed a red error signal at the LED. I swapped it with the pitch servo which gave me the desired blinking green LED. I called Garmin and they swapped me out. All good now.

Back