What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

-10 door locking mechanism

I have one recommendation to lock my -10 doors by using a flush mounted cabinet door lock. I suppose I’d have to bore a hole in each door and an opening into the rail for the lock arm to rotate into. Does anyone have any better ideas? I don’t see anything wrong with this method but would like to know if anyone else has done anything differently.

Last edited:
I drilled a hole down through the right side interior handle so I could put a pin in that would prevent the push tab from moving, thus locking the door.

On the pilot side, I had a cabinet style lock, (came with the ignition switch) mounted to the door just ahead of the rear pin gear rack, prevented the rack from moving when locked.

I drilled a hole down through the right side interior handle so I could put a pin in that would prevent the push tab from moving, thus locking the door.
d.

I cut a small, ?L? shaped piece of pine, which is inserted into the front of the inside, passenger door, handle, in the same general location as described by Mike, above, and functions in the same way. I painted it red for visibility. During phase 1, I used a second L shaped piece for the left door. I inserted it, then exited thru the baggage door, which has its own lock. I currently use a clugey external padlock thing on the left door, just to discourage kids.

Back