What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Old RV-6 Manual

Paul Patrick

I'm New Here
I just bought an old (1987) RV-6 kit and it came with a manual from a punched kit (mid 90s.) Does anyone have a copy that I can ask for specific pages to that I might need. I talked with Vans and was told that they do not have anything that old. I have built 1 RV-4 from plans in the early 90s and worked on 2 other kits in that time frame. Right now I do not have the manual pages to cut the elevator trim tab, I could take a guess but really do not want to.

1989 plans

Paul, I bought a used RV-6 that was a 1989 kit, completed in 1997. I'm not sure exactly what I have but it may be what you need. They are the large format plans. Email me at:

fly (at) oblique (dot) com

with your # and I'll call you with them in front of me. If they are useful we could meet up in Ashland. I'll be up there early Nov.

And WELCOME TO VAF! There, I did it. I was the first to welcome you!

Neil

I don't think the manual has change significantly for the rv-6 from then to now. My manual is from the early 90s and I don't seem much difference to a later pdf version I have. If you want to pdf copy you are welcome to it, just pm me your email address.

Trim tab cutout deminsions

I don't think the manual has change significantly for the rv-6 from then to now. My manual is from the early 90s and I don't seem much difference to a later pdf version I have. If you want to pdf copy you are welcome to it, just pm me your email address.

My kit is # 20257 and was not pre punched and does not have the left elevator skin cut for the trim tab. The manual with the kit is from 1993 and does not have the information for the cut to be made before the skin is trimed to fit the spar and ribs. So that is what I am looking for; the drawing out of the manual that shows that cut.

Paul

Mine is #20200. The manual is out at the hangar, I'll try to get a look at it in a day or so. Do you have the plans for that section? I also have a pretty complete set of plans if you're missing something there.

Back