What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airports near Battle Creek, Michigan

campi

Well Known Member
Trying to get up to near Battle Creek Michigan later this week. Looking for recommendations as to where to land, and also whether anyone would know if I could get a hangar. Staying over two or three nights.

As to airports, I see Brooks (RMY), Kellogg (BTL), and Kalamazoo (AZO) in the area.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Fernando

Unlike 10 years ago when there was a waiting list for a hanger, most airports here in Michigan have a few empty hangers available now and the airport manager will happily rent one out on a daily basis for transient pilots. Our airport manager here at KOZW in Howell MI was charging $10 per day when I checked a year or so ago. I have not flown to any of the airports you mentioned so have no recommendations but a search on AirNav would help and there are usually PIREP reviews to read. A call to the airport manager will probably help you out also to arrange for hanger usage.

Fernando,

Duncan Aviation is at both BTL and AZO. They are a corporate jet oriented FBO. But the AZO facility is less so than BTL. Check with them for sure.

At BTL there also is Centennial which is associated with WACO. I'd guess they are more aware of what's available at BTL. Probably the first place to check.

RMY doesn't have much activity - or it didn't a year ago. Haven't been there recently. Pretty sure no cars available but probably hangers.

My guess is that Centennial can find you room at BTL.

Be aware that Western Michigan Univ is based at BTL so there are lots of Cirrus flying around. They also practice landings at AZO and Coldwater.

There is a TFR this week at Ann Arbor, I think Thursday.

Jim Butcher
Based at 2C5, grass strip west of AZO

Thank you both!

David and Jim, thank you for the information. Very helpful.

Weather is looking bad for Thursday, so I might try to fly tomorrow afternoon and sneak in before all of the rain.

Regards,

Fernando

Back