What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hired Help

jswareiv

Well Known Member
I have skipped a few of the more difficult tasks, fuel tanks, installing the Garmin Pitot, etc. and looking for someone with some experience to spend about a week helping me push through some of these tasks. I am in the New Orleans area. Does anyone know of someone with RV experience, or if you are available, please contact me. If I can punch through these last items, I will be ready to order the empenage kit. Anyone know the going rate also? Thanks.

Jay Pratt

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the suggestion, Jay is super busy and does not go on-site, typically. Any other recommendations? Thanks.

Thanks VAF!

This may get pulled, but I wanted to try and post my experience with getting some assistance. I had Dennis Millsap come to the N.O. area and WOW did we get a lot done. I can't list everything here, but I finished the wings, with the exception of the wing tips and closing the bottom skin (which I want to wait til the end anyway). I took off a week and we worked all day for 8 days. Dennis works at 10 times my speed because he is an experienced builder, where I have to figure everything out. He was extremely pleasant to work with, tons of skill and a very hard worker. And... he tolerated my screw ups very well. If anyone needs a personal account of what we did or a personal referral, I will be happy to do that, just send me a PM. I will be using him again when I get some of the tail done. His price is very reasonable for his skill level and knowledge. Besides just getting work done, I also learned a lot of new techniques. Trailing edges on flaps and ailerons are straight as an arrow and tanks are sealed.

Back