What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Base Leg Aviation

campi

Well Known Member
Earlier today Vic Syracuse of Base Leg Aviation finished the condition inspection on our RV-6. This is the second condition inspection performed by Vic on our aircraft, but I had not had the pleasure of meeting him before although we had spoken on the phone and corresponded by email a number of times. This year, my partner and I flew down our RV-6 to Georgia to have Vic do our condition inspection again. And this time, we would work with him and under his supervision to complete the condition inspection.

The experience exceeded all of my expectations. Vic is not only extremely knowledgeable about RVs (he has built quite a few RVs as well as other experimental aircraft), but he is a good and patient teacher. No question from us seemed stupid to him (although we asked a few of those), and he has the ability to clearly explain what he is doing and why. He made us feel welcome at his home and place of work, and treated us as friends. The whole experience of helping with the condition inspection was not only educational but fun. We could not have asked for more. I can highly recommend Vic to anyone seeking a condition inspection or help with their RV.

PS - One downside of visiting Vic is that you will soon start drooling over all of the great avionics he has in his airplanes. He was kind enough to let me fiddle with this new AFS touchscreen EFIS. This could be very dangerous to your wallet. :D

Capt. Kirk of Georgia

Yeah, That's great stuff he's got in his 10. He doesn't type in a route from A to B, rather he "talks" to it. "Take me from A to B" like Capt. Kirk to "COMPUTER"---"WORKING" in the starship Enterprise.:eek: Blew me away.

Fun

This was the most fun I have had doing an owner-assisted inspection. Both of these guys are a hoot and fun to have around. And we didn't even break anything!

Vic

Vic is a great guy! One of his RV-6s is in our hangar. We sure enjoy his visits when he makes it to Peachtree City.

I'm moving to Georgia shortly, and after 250 hrs of owning my -4?I see some work being done in the future! Great online community, thanks for the reviews.

Back