What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Proud of my RV...

Latintan

Well Known Member
Three weeks ago I entered my RV6-A in a competition at the Lakeland, FL "When Pigs Fly South" contest and to my surprise, I won 2d price! Yahoo! My bird, "Tweetie", is famous now :)

1st Place

1971- Present ? Civilian Aircraft

2009 Burtis Spencer S-12-G N356WB

William Burtis ? Palm Harbor, FL

2nd Place

1971- Present ? Civilian Aircraft

2002 Vans RV6-A N63WA

Manny Oro ? Oviedo, FL

Congrats

Your RV6-A looks like a very nice one Manny. Well deserved recognition. Enjoy!

Regards,

Fernando

...and tell us about the top of your canopy???? looks like a permanent sun shade?

The top is actually static cling and looks and works super nice here in Florida! Can be taken out in a heartbeat but I have excellent visibility and it cuts the sun by a good 30% or more.

Manny, How did you get the statis cling to conform to your canopy? Please post detailed pics (if you have them) to assist others with fitting and installation. Thank you in advance.

Manny, How did you get the statis cling to conform to your canopy? Please post detailed pics (if you have them) to assist others with fitting and installation. Thank you in advance.

I will take close-up pics next time I am at the airport. I did not do the installation but it seems to me that it was overlaid on top and some reliefs cut to eliminate the wrinkling as it curves. Ultimately, it was placed on the inside. In addition, there is a nice yellow pinstripe on the outside of the canopy that covers the edge of the static cling tinting. It finishes it off very nicely.

Congrats on your award!

I want to see a pic of the plaque/trophy so I know you really won :D

Well, I got $250,000 in cash, so I can't show it :)

Really, I had to go to the darn site and see that my plane's name was there. No notification, no plaque/trophy- nothin'. Prehaps the check is in the mail (?). So, I am thinking of making a trophy and placing it on the cowling as a hood ornament :) :) :)

But- who cares. The fun was all in the fly-in anyways.

no plaque/trophy- nothin'

I thought you might of won that sign leaning up against the hangar wall. :D

Congratulations on winning!!

I thought you might of won that sign leaning up against the hangar wall. :D

Congratulations on winning!!

LOL Squeak! That pic was taken at the hangar where I bought he plane. I saw it after I posted. I left the sign at the hangar. Aviation and politics is a bad mix for me.

Congratulations!

Your plane is beautiful. I also would like further info on your sunscreen. Thanks for sharing.

Back