What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Shameless self-promotion alert

YellowPeril

Well Known Member
If you've ever been in my hangar in Wiscasset, Maine, you probably noticed this painting...

1628wsj.jpg

It?s a rendition of my pal, Don ?Mac? McKibben, shooting down a German Messerschmitt over Germany in 1944.

This is him in 1944...

121fnz8.jpg

...and more recently sharing a beer with Mr. Skinny at the hangar.

mltd1l.jpg

Mac spent his whole working career after the war at Kodak, and he still stays up with the latest gear. This past winter he gave the usual suspects at the airport (KIWI) (aka beer guzzling layabouts) one of those GoPro cameras and told us to do something...

I strapped the thing onto the wing of the Yellow Peril and stitched together a little video. You can see it here (http://vimeo.com/82912884 ).

My mom liked it, and Don thought it was okay. My brother, who makes movies in real life, gave me a hard time. There are much better videos to be seen...right here on VAF, but...

I thought it wasn?t? so bad, and didn?t think much about it until I saw a thing on Facebook for the Breitling Aviation Video Contest. I submitted the video (what the ****) and forgot about it.

A couple of days ago I received an email congratulating me as being one of ten finalists chosen world-wide for the grand prize. What?s the grand prize you ask? A trip for two to Switzerland and a flight with the Breitling Jet Team, the largest civilian jet airshow group.

wvs3zr.jpg

The winner is determined by the number of votes the videos receive on Facebook.

If you?d like to vote for me ( and I know you do ) go to the following link:

http://apps.facebook.com/breitlingcontest/profiletab/Breitling-Video-Contest/132650476760454/1

Click of ?View and Vote?

The title of my video is ?First Flight?.

"What's in it for me?" you may ask...

If I'm the winner of this thing, I will post the recipe (written by Mac himself) for his famous "Silver Bullet" martinis. They are:

1. Very addictive.
  2. A solvent for every problem you've ever had.
  3. Keep your teeth whiter than white, and...
  4. Will free you on any intestinal parasites you may have.

Vote early and often! The polls close on July 14th!

sevwk4.jpg

Thanks!

...and I forgot to mention...

I'm working on Mac to come along on the trip...there are two seats available to the winner of the contest!

I like the Tap catch tray, is that 2024? Did you match drill, deburr and dimple?

Thanks Guys!

Unfortunately, you do need a FB account to be able to vote...

...but they're easy to set up, and a snap to close when you're done. (NOT).

:D

Voting ends Monday, if you haven't yet, please do. If you have, share the link with your friends. If you've done that, too...stop people on the street and...

Also,

The kegerator's full of home-brew, and for those of you that voted, the key's over the door. If I'm not there, I will be shortly...

Thanks to everyone who voted for me, but I finished behind a Swiss para-glider guy who leaps from alpine peaks and hurtles into the valleys below. He seems like a decent guy.

I don't like their watches anyway...

Back