What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon SkyView software update long overdue

RickSolana

In about two weeks it will have been a year since Dynon SkyView software has been updated. For myself, I am waiting from an autopilot improvement to fix issues on approach, but I?m sure many others are waiting for something else.

Should I be worried that Dynon is in the early days of a slow decline? Garmin seems to be growing in features over the same time period.

In about two weeks it will have been a year since Dynon SkyView software has been updated. For myself, I am waiting from an autopilot improvement to fix issues on approach, but I?m sure many others are waiting for something else.

Should I be worried that Dynon is in the early days of a slow decline? Garmin seems to be growing in features over the same time period.
IMHO this indicates a mature, reliable product versus one that is still under development with unknown future issues. YMMV

:cool:

I agree. My dual Skyview has been running flawlessly. I?ve liked not having to do updates other than the monthly data files.

What autopilot issues are you having? Mine tracks LPV vertical and lateral steering perfectly (as long as I'm stabilized and on speed at the FAF). I've never had a problem with Dynon autopilots in 3 different airplanes.

I agree. My dual Skyview has been running flawlessly. I’ve liked not having to do updates other than the monthly data files.
+1

Except that I, and others, have been getting the "Database No Longer Current" warning a day before the aviation data actually expires. We have reported this on the DYNON forum and they are aware of it. The "consensus" with forum users is that it has something to do with the leap year since it stated happening after Feb 29, 2020.

:confused:

Last edited:
oDj.png

Gash,

Sounds like you probably have a version of my autopilot issue. Actually, it is by no means unique to me and I think most people have it and deal with it in different ways.

Starting stabilized at FAF like you said, It will overshoot the glide slope (staying at altitude) and then start descent after about 1/4 needle deflection. Then I have to pull more power out to keep the airspeed down. After going slightly through the glide slope and climbing back (add power here) it settles in nicely. All previously autopilots I?ve flown intercept the glide slope and follow it down, requiring some power reduction at intercept and then just little adjustments maybe on the way down the glide slope.

Rick

Back