What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Let the Games Begin!

DavidP2020

Well Known Member
Hey folks,

I've been lurking here for a few months and pulled the trigger on the first RV-10 kit today. I've gained a lot by reading your ideas and comments already. Standby for lots of questions!

Looking forward to being part of the club!

Congratulations David, and don’t forget I’m not far away if you get stuck, or just want an extra set of eyes to look things over!

Congratulations David, and don’t forget I’m not far away if you get stuck, or just want an extra set of eyes to look things over!

Thanks David C for showing me your workshop and -10 project! I’m sure another set of eyes will be important! 4 months for empennage delivery. : (

Working on the workshop now.

Nice to have you here David. It’s an interesting journey to the first flight. Even more so after Phase One.

Congratulations, David! I ordered my -10 emp kit on the 10th so we're in about the same place. Getting in some practice before it arrives.

Burtw, what is the delivery delay estimate for your emp kit? I had been seeing 6 weeks, but when I ordered mine yesterday the website shows 4 months. Must have changed in the last few days.

Tool kit arrives today. Workshop setup in process!

Welcome to the club David! Let me echo David C’s offer of help; I’m at Brighton airport almost 24/7 should you ever need help or borrow a tool. If you’re looking for something to do Saturday mornings, we have a home-cooked breakfast EVERY week at our clubhouse; meet around 8:30, eat at 9:00 sharp, $3 suggested donation.

Thanks!

Welcome to the club David! Let me echo David C’s offer of help; I’m at Brighton airport almost 24/7 should you ever need help or borrow a tool. If you’re looking for something to do Saturday mornings, we have a home-cooked breakfast EVERY week at our clubhouse; meet around 8:30, eat at 9:00 sharp, $3 suggested donation.

THANKS! I'll stop in for one of the breakfasts & try to look you up. This is my first build. I'm doing the EAA sheetmetal class in May, so that should help. Looks like the empennage kit will arrive late July.

Small world! You’re welcome to come visit my build 5 minutes north of Howell in Oak Grove. Currently installing the windshield, picking up my Thunderbolt engine tomorrow... welcome aboard!

Hey Neighbor!

Matt,

I'd love to see your build & pick your brain! I'm just south of Howell on D19. I'll PM my phone number.

Waiting

Seems none of us should be impatient waiting for our kits. My QB parts were suppose to arrive last month. Now who knows. Hopefully in the fall. Probably this post like others will be taken down. Good thing I have my 14 and previous airframe to fly. I now have a nice prop on the wall and engine to admire but no airframe or wings just a nice empanage to admire.

Burtw, what is the delivery delay estimate for your emp kit? I had been seeing 6 weeks, but when I ordered mine yesterday the website shows 4 months. Must have changed in the last few days.

Tool kit arrives today. Workshop setup in process!

DavidP2020, their web site advertised 6 weeks. I called them after I submitted the order and the nice lady in the kit department said they were advertising 6 weeks but it could be sooner. Hadn't seen the latest. I was anticipating delivery around the end of April. Still trying to figure out when to pull the trigger the QB fuse and wings since they're advertising 12 months.

DavidP2020, their web site advertised 6 weeks. I called them after I submitted the order and the nice lady in the kit department said they were advertising 6 weeks but it could be sooner. Hadn't seen the latest. I was anticipating delivery around the end of April. Still trying to figure out when to pull the trigger the QB fuse and wings since they're advertising 12 months.

Maybe I'll give them a call to see what they're expecting. Sooner would be nice. I ordered the QB fuse & wings at the same time.

Back