What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stratux ADSb serial out HELP!

edclee

Well Known Member
Patron
Poblem Fixed Stratux ADSb serial out HELP!

I have tried for two days to figure this out. Shouldnt be this hard. I have a stratux I have used for several years, works great for WiFi out, but I am trying to add the serial output for ADSb into my Sport SX EFIS. I bought the Trendnet TU-S9 recommended USB to serial adapter and connected it to the Stratux and connected a DB9 using pins 3 and 2 and ground. 3 being TX out from Stratux and 2 being receive, per GRT Supplement Instructions. The problem appears to be that the Stratux needs some configuration to tell it the output needs to be active. I see no way to do this. I am running version 1.4 image.

HELP!

Last edited:
The information you refer to from the GRT website is way out of date. It only works with an obsolete version of Stratux software.

Go to the stratux website, stratux.me. Scroll down to Replacement Parts and Accessories and you will find the current serial adapter, it runs $20. Purchase from Stratux store so the chip address is correct.

Next scroll to Build Guides and there Parts Guides and finally "serial output adapter here".

Purchase the adapter and follow the instructions. You must have at least v1.4 installed in Stratux.

You can set the baud rate to 115K. I've been running this for a couple years.

Jim Butcher

Stratux Solved

After considerable searching, I found that instructions on the GRT site and the instructions on the Stratux.me site are both not quite right. Not mentioned is that the serial adapter sold on Amazon from the Stratux store https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N7RNFRJ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 must be configured to work properly and the switches on the the unit must be set correctly. In order to do this, the configuration program must be used. The adapter is installed in a USB port on your computer and if using Windows, it must be windows 10. Fine print on the Sillabs.com site points one in the right direction.

Go to: http://advanced-flight-systems.com/forum/threads/1489-Stratux-Serial-Output
and find instructions, but they only apply to windows 10 if you use windows.7 or older then you have to have other drivers other than the package mentioned in the post. You must download older drivers for the configuration program to run. I did that, configured the Amazon adapter properly and I now have ADSb going to my GRT EFIS at 115200 baud.

attachment.php

Ed

Last edited:
Back