What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

McFarlane Cable Lengths

ScottJ

I deleted throttle and mixture cables from the FWF kit to sub McFarlane and looking for help with lengths. My deletions were the 44.5" throttle cable and 47" mixture.

My setup is IO320D1A, vertical induction, fixed pitch, elastomer nose gear. Does anyone know if the McFarlane standard 4' cables will work or should I go with custom lengths?

FTR, I tried having this conversation with McFarlane but they kept insisting I measure or send them the Van's cables I do not own. I appreciate any help I can get.

I deleted throttle and mixture cables from the FWF kit to sub McFarlane and looking for help with lengths. My deletions were the 44.5" throttle cable and 47" mixture.

My setup is IO320D1A, vertical induction, fixed pitch, elastomer nose gear. Does anyone know if the McFarlane standard 4' cables will work or should I go with custom lengths?

FTR, I tried having this conversation with McFarlane but they kept insisting I measure or send them the Van's cables I do not own. I appreciate any help I can get.

I found California Push-Pull very helpful when I purchased my cables. Don't know if they are similar to McFarlane, but they have the same CableCraft cables that Vans sells, but are considerably less expensive. I got mine with the high temp sheathing. Call them up. They were very helpful with measuring requirements.

Back