What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight Video RV 9A

rockwoodrv9

Well Known Member
Patron
The first flight in my plane was a bit different than most. I am in Michigan for a project nd my plane was in Idaho. My friend Chuck B did the last few PITA items and I went out for the DAR inspection but had to get back to MI and get the insurance worked out before we could fly.

Chuck was ready for the flight, then cracked a rib hunting so one of my other friends Rob got an hour duel to qualify for insurance. He did the first flight yesterday. Another friend Chris Chattin who build a nice 7 and flys the heck out of it went over and did a chase plane video. He just sent me the link so this is the first time I saw my plane fly!

Wow is all I can say. I feel so fortunate to have friends that helped me make this real. Seeing the plane in the air is really something.

I cant wait to get out to Idaho and get in the air!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PcjdoJ5xsQ

Rocky,

Congratulations! You may not remember but one afternoon several years ago you were kind enough to show me your project as I was traveling past your hangar on I-84. Appreciated the visit and meeting you, and I'm sure it got me over whatever problem I was having at the time. The RV community is a great one.

I just sent away for my FAA registration, so I'm getting close with my -9A. Perhaps we'll meet up again at some point.

All the best and happy flying!

Lars D.

Rocky,

Congratulations! You may not remember but one afternoon several years ago you were kind enough to show me your project as I was traveling past your hangar on I-84. Appreciated the visit and meeting you, and I'm sure it got me over whatever problem I was having at the time. The RV community is a great one.

I just sent away for my FAA registration, so I'm getting close with my -9A. Perhaps we'll meet up again at some point.

All the best and happy flying!

Lars D.
I do remember you Lars. Great to hear you are close. Email me and i will send you some helpful info I got on the registration process. It took me 3 tries so o have a lot of practice!

What a thrill! Congrats! :D

Takes me back to my first flight. It's a great payoff for those hundreds (thousands?) of hours of building.

For all you guys out there still pounding rivets, eye on the prize. :D

First but not last...

Rocky, Was just thinking I better message you and see what was going on. Now you need to get back and get some more stick time. Big Congratulations!

Very nice Rocky congratulations! I like your paint scheme it will look even better with wheel pants.

Attachments

• 356F4FC7-29B8-4B73-BEA5-B85DE3217286.png
    356F4FC7-29B8-4B73-BEA5-B85DE3217286.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 195
Congrats Rockwood. Nice !! I felt like i also was along for the ride. The main Gear legs came from an 9A project that I picked up in Peachtree City Ga . That project turned into to my 9 and those " A "gear legs flew yesterday

Congrats Rockwood. Nice !! I felt like i also was along for the ride. The main Gear legs came from an 9A project that I picked up in Peachtree City Ga . That project turned into to my 9 and those " A "gear legs flew yesterday

Thats right Dennis! I had forgotten that. They were naked in the wind in this flight. Im going to wait for the pants for after the 40.

Thanks for reminding me about this.

Back