What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sticky Back Spare Fuse Holder

todehnal

Well Known Member
My Legacy 12 has a spare fuse holder with a sticky back which was attached to the inside of the glove box door. The sticky back had gotten tired and the fuse holder is always laying loose when I open the glove box. I've been unsuccessful in getting it to stay in place. Does anyone have a simple fix for this? Thanks...Tom

I was just hoping for a new idea but that will work. The first tape lasted 8 years.
Thanks. Tom.

An adhesive fails for two main reasons...
1. Improper use.
2. Improper application (environment).

3M Body Side Molding Tape. Extremely good for fastening. I mount my mini iPad to top of radio stack with six little pcs of this stuff. Works a charm....

I was just hoping for a new idea but that will work. The first tape lasted 8 years.
Thanks. Tom.

Gotcha. I guess if it's got holes in it you could rivet it on, but that seem like overkill.

Looking at it a different way, you said you built it 8 years ago. How many times in that time have you needed a fuse out of there? Seems like it's a cool idea to have them handy like that, but is it really necessary?

I have mine attached under the panel in front of the pilot. I use automotive grade (made for the heat) Velcro. It makes it easy to access the fuses. As I recall the adhesive backed Velcro is made by 3M.

I have mine attached under the panel in front of the pilot. I use automotive grade (made for the heat) Velcro. It makes it easy to access the fuses. As I recall the adhesive backed Velcro is made by 3M.

I mounted it on the glove box door per the plans. In 8 years, I have never needed to use one. I like the Velcro idea and I’ll take a look at relocating it under the panel. Gasman offered a cause but came up short in the solution area. Anyway thanks. It’s not a biggy. I was looking for a better idea. This group is loaded with talent and fantastic ideas and improvements. Thanks. Tom

I put a strip of the hook Velcro on the back of mine and stick it to the carpet on the tunnel under the instrument panel. It’s within easy reach and can be retrieved and replaced easily.

I put a strip of the hook Velcro on the back of mine and stick it to the carpet on the tunnel under the instrument panel. It’s within easy reach and can be retrieved and replaced easily.

Similar install... My spares strip it under the panel in easy reach, with hook and loops adhesive backed velcro should I need a fuse just pull it off and look for the right one.

My fuses are behind the seats and out of reach so that I won't be tempted to replace one while flying.
Fly the plane and do electrical troubleshooting when on the ground.

Back