What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Moved my RV-10 to the airport today.

Dale RV10

I'm New Here
With the help of some friends, we loaded up my RV-10 and moved to Springfield Downtown Airport (3DW) today. Hoping to install wings tomorrow.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 195
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 183
  • C.jpg
    C.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 166
  • D.jpg
    D.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 231
  • E.jpg
    E.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 192
  • F.jpg
    F.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 153
  • G.jpg
    G.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 175
  • H.jpg
    H.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 199
Huge Milestone

Awesome!! That's a big milestone!! Thanks for sharing the pics. The tail looks close to the ground during the loading and unloading.

Good job! I'm sure you are relieved to get to this point.

Love the trailer - where did you find it?

I'm looking for one to line up for my upcoming move and can't find anyone who will rent one, and three different towing companies have declined to move my fuselage.

At some point, I may end up just taxiing the thing there...

Good job! I'm sure you are relieved to get to this point.

Love the trailer - where did you find it?

I'm looking for one to line up for my upcoming move and can't find anyone who will rent one, and three different towing companies have declined to move my fuselage.

At some point, I may end up just taxiing the thing there...

A dozen years ago there was a commercial rental place in San Leandro that had two tilt-bed trucks, only one of which was wide enough for a -10. I think they’ve changed names/owners, but may still have what you need. Clearly the lowest cost way to go.

Both the 30' enclosed trailer that I used to move the wings and tail sections, and the flat-bed I used to move the fuselage belong to Fulltron Aircraft Painting at Springfield Downtown Airport (3DW) where my new hangar is. Marlin let me use his trailers to move my RV-10 since Marlin's aircraft paint shop is going to be painting my RV-10 as soon as it's ready. You might give Marlin a call at 417-988-7866 if you are in this part of the country. The distance between the main wheels on my RV-10 were about 2" to wide to fit thru the door of the Marlin's 30' enclosed trailer, so we had to use his flat-bed trailer for the fuselage.

Wings On!!!

Just got my RV-10 moved to the airport, and into my new hangar, yesterday, and today we had a wing installing party. It's good to have several good friends when you hang your wings!

Attachments

• RV10 wings on.jpg
    RV10 wings on.jpg
    298.8 KB · Views: 102
  • wing install S.jpg
    wing install S.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 113
Congratulations. I’m looking forward to that day. Albeit it is in the distant future…. One rivet at a time, I’ll get there.

Great Progress!!

Thanks for posting the pics!! Roughly how long did it take to put the wings onto the fuse?

I'm working on my horizontal tail..... These pics are motivation!

-Brad-

Back