What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Capacitor for 912ULS

gblwy

Well Known Member
Does anyone know the manufacturer/part number of the 22000uf 25v capacitor that is hidden in the Vans control module behind the left instrument panel?

Failing that, do you know the dimensions and what kind of terminals are on the top?

I want to try a replacement in an attempt to chase out an intercom noise problem.

Thanks...Keith

Lockwood sells one, I've added it because of static, mine is mounted on the firewall, I believe they sell it for $50...this is in addition to the one mounted on the CB which I believe had failed. Installing the one from Lockwood fixed the problem but I did have to replace it after about 3 years.

Thanks

Thanks, Tony, for the fast response. I'll give it a try. I guess I need to dismantle the control board module to access the capacitor.

Thanks, Tony, for the fast response. I'll give it a try. I guess I need to dismantle the control board module to access the capacitor.

It is an electrolytic capacitor that is polarity specific so be sure you install the new one with the leads located to the proper positions on the pcb.

Amen on observing the polarity! Years ago I was building a Heathkit computer and got the polarity wrong on one electrolytic cap. I fired it up and it blew like small firecracker. In the Navy we used to call powering up after installation or maintenance a smoke test - for good reason!

Back