What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Longer RV-14 Axle Bolts Needed. What Kind?

Meat

Patron
Hi All,

Aligned my axles for toe-in/toe-out today. The left one had toe-out at .016". The right was way off and needed two 0.75 degree shims. It's now at .020" toe-out. Both wheels now well with spec for toe-out.

My issue is the right axles bolts (NAS1304-21s) are now too short due to the shims. Especially the aft bolts. NAS1304-22's will work in the front and -23's are needed in back. These bolts are unavailable online. Or only in big lots. I need 4. Not 50. Van's only sells the -21s. Spruce doesn't carry them at all.
Can anyone suggest a close tolerance bolt type that can be safely substituted for NAS1304s? It's my understanding that NAS130XX bolts have been superseded by NAS66XX close tolerance bolts? Is this true? And would an AN174 close tolerance bolt also be appropriate here? Thanks for any suggestion on bolt types and suppliers.

Cheers,
Scott Davis

NAS1304 was superseded by NAS6604. You would have to check the specifications to be absolutely sure, but I think you should be able to substitute the NAS6204 too.

Back