What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Up for a visit?

cbennet1

Well Known Member
Who's up for a visit?

My wife and I will be on vacation in OR (w/o the RV6 sadly) from 6/26-7/1. We will be staying just SE of Portland the entire week and visiting the mothership for a demo ride on 6/30.

I would love to visit any fellow RV builders/flyers in the area that might have some time for some hangar chat!

Suggestion on other aviation related destinations welcome as well!

Craig

Last edited:
7S5

There are several RV's at Independence airport, 7S5. Check it out! Look up Henry Bartle and he can probably hook you up with a couple of builders/owners.

-Marc

Museum

Find time to visit WAAAM In Hood River. Fantastic antique aircraft and automobile museum and lots of other stuff too. Best of 8 museums a friend and I visited on a ten day trip to pick up a kit in Seattle.

Craig you picked a rough week in Portland. 110+ degree weekend. I am a new RV6A owner in Oregon City, OR and always looking for tips from experienced fliers. Going to the coast to stay cool but will be back Tuesday. PM me if you would like to get together. Ed

Suggestion on other aviation related destinations welcome as well!
Craig,

I'm afraid 'edstepec' is right: it's going to be awful stinkin' hot during your visit. But if that doesn't stop you, there are two activities around noon on Saturday, June 26 (tomorrow).

One is a "Wings and Wheels" thing at Cottage Grove, 61S. Some members of my EAA chapter (292, Independence) will be flying in.

The other is a potluck BBQ at Willamette Aviation at Aurora. I'll be flying up for that one, probably in my Long-EZ.

If you're serious about either of these, email me ([email protected]) and I'll send you some specific information on those events.

Last edited:
It’s hot!

Hi Joe,

Unfortunately, we booked the resort months ago so we’re committed to the dates.

I appreciate the excellent recommendations for Sat but it looks like we’re headed to Wahkeena falls Saturday - hopefully that will keep us alive. :).

Sunday and Monday look like the worst of the heat so we’ll probably head to the coast. My best bet for some airport time will probably by Tues-Thurs.

Craig

Back