What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview WiFi Dongle

jrock836

Well Known Member
Will a standard Windows computer USB WiFi dongle work in a Skyview Classic, or is there something proprietary about the Dynon $35 dongle which requires it to be used instead?

While we're on the topic...if it turns out pretty much any old wifi adapter will work...what about the video input dongle? Anybody have any luck with a non-Dynon (read, pricey) video adapter?

Ordered a couple of these EdiMax units.

Are there any procedures, order of loading or tricks to loading my RV-12 files into some Skyview Touch devices I bought used?

Ordered a couple of these EdiMax units.

Are there any procedures, order of loading or tricks to loading my RV-12 files into some Skyview Touch devices I bought used?

They must be formatted as FAT32, which typically, but not always the default. Under 32 Gb works best. I have 16 Gb sticks that I have been using for years and unless exporting lots of data, they are never over 8Gb even with the Seattle Avionics data on them.

Speaking of which, if you use the Seattle Avionics data, there is a special folder structure for that. You can set up the USB for that using their Datamanager App.

The Dynon data file needs to be in the root directory.

Back