What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2000.0 hour milestone

guccidude1

Well Known Member
Friend
Last Thursday, 22 Aug, after 12 years and 4 months, I clocked 2000.0 hours on my Rv-9A, N65XX. 3000 hours next. Dan from Reno

And I was getting depressed about getting close to 1,000 hours on mine. Thinking I might be wearing it out.

You just made me feel a lot better!

Congratulations!

Made me do some mental math almost 5 years flying and 435ish hours, I should have another 16 years or so before 2000 hours TT! My goal is to try and wear it out!

480 hours at 2 and a half years... got a ways to go but enjoying every bit of it!

I really enjoy having the extra fuel on board with my airplane, I routinely make 6-hour legs on a cross-country and land with 3+ hours still in the tanks.

Welcome to the 2,000 hr club. Let?s see, 16,000 gallons of gas times .....
Not a cheap club to be in. Congrats'!!!!;;)i

Over 1000 hours on the air frame

I purchased a RV-9A finished in 2004 in July of 2012 with 193 hours on it. The first two owners barely flew it in 8 years, but the second owner upgraded the panel. After taking my PPL checkride in it at night, and many other adventures including installing a brand new Lycoming engine in 2017 I now have 1100 hours on the airframe. It now also has dual HDX Dynon screens as an upgrade to the original SkyView screens it came with as well as a Garmin 650.

I feel the airplane has allowed me to learn, and has taken care of me during some difficult landings in gusty crosswinds. I have been coast to coast twice and to Canada and Mexico as well as 150 airports with it. It could use a better paint job but I hate to think about the down time to get that done. One thing is that the airplane lands so well, that tire life has been excellent. I'm only on my second set of mains, and have only replaced the nose wheel tire once!

Back