What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

JD Air Tail Link question...

Flybipe

Well Known Member
For those of you that have one, I'm trying to figure out if the JD Air tail link is easily "disassembled" so I can make custom linkage to fit my application (Pitts S-1-11, Aviation Products 4" double fork tailwheel, tapered rod spring).

I have flown an RV with the JD Air unit, and want one on my Pitts. Assuming I can't order a custom unit (without bend in fwd pushrod), I'm hoping to buy one and modify it but looking for info first before I order...

Thanks!

Last edited:
We can make it

For those of you that have one, I'm trying to figure out if the JD Air tail link is easily "disassembled" so I can make custom linkage to fit my application (Pitts S-1-11, Aviation Products 4" double fork tailwheel, tapered rod spring).

I have flown an RV with the JD Air unit, and want one on my Pitts. Assuming I can't order a custom unit (without bend in fwd pushrod), I'm hoping to buy one and modify it but looking for info first before I order...

Thanks!

Give Jason a call on Wednesday. He can make the rods to your specs. We've made many custom units over the years.

Back