What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Do you know who's airplane this is?

JakeLewis22

Well Known Member
These pictures were posted in a thread last year and I'd like to talk to the owner/builder. Do you know who's airplane this is? The caption says that it's an RV8

PulsarNS90PortRV8.jpg

PulsarNS90StarboardRV8.jpg

Jake that's my RV-8, taken at Oshkosh 2009. The pane was parked at the AEROLEDS outside booth, and had their just released NS90's installed. A lot of work has been done to the airplane since then including a new panel and a paint job.

Dangerous

I don't respond to anyone asking "whose airplane is this?" until I know why they want to talk to me! :D;)

I'll admit that I've looked curiously at my own airplane predending not to know whose it is...

Last edited:
I don't respond to anyone asking "whose airplane is this?" until I know why they want to talk to me! :D;)

I'll admit that I've looked curiously at my own airplane predending not to know whose it is...

Hi Jeff

Why do you consider it dangerous to respond to a post such as this one?

Crazy

I think it is absolutely wild that Jake posts his question and TWELVE MINUTES LATER, Jim answers: "it's mine."

I love this site.

I think it is absolutely wild that Jake posts his question and TWELVE MINUTES LATER, Jim answers: "it's mine."

I love this site.

Yep - and I can't tell you how many times we've seen some high-demand item get posted for sale in the classifieds and be gone within 5 minutes.

Quick question, and please forgive my ignorance, but does mounting the position/strobes like that inhibit the seeing the lights from the sides at all?

The reason I am asking is I really like the set up and was thinking about doing that on my 8 but didn't know if it would meet the faa's lighting regs.

Again, sorry if it is a retarded question. I tried reading the reg on it **yawn** but it made less sense to me after I was finished :confused:

Hi Brian,

Mounting the Pulsar NS90 inside the RV wintip like that does not restrict the required position light 110 to the rear visibility requirement because the wingtip cutout slopes back at 110 degrees as measured from the nose of the airplane.

The tail mounted Suntail strobe provides coverage to the rear for angles that are not covered by the wingtip mounted strobes.

Dean Wilkinson
CTO, AeroLEDs LLC

Dean,

Thanks for the response. After reading up on your products I am definitely installing them on my 8.

I have been a big fan of LED's for the power draw to light output ratio. The Police Dept I work for is equipping all of our patrol vehicles with them and they are way more effective in being visible than any other lighting method, even in bright daylight.

I can't wait till I am at the stage in my project so I can order mine :) I am going full LED.

Back