What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Northwest region DAR

wcalvert

Well Known Member
Hey, can anyone recommend a DAR who you might have enjoyed working with during your inspection process?

Looking to get the process started and hoping to find someone who can do a good job!

Thanks

local DAR

Charlie Cotton inspected my 9 earlier this year. He's based at Tacoma Narrows. He did a fine job inspecting and making sure I understood my operating limitations.
He's also very helpful during your registration process.
He's very approachable...give him a call.
danny

I am in Everett often, can easily go to Anacortes. Have inspected over 300 aircraft. Send me an email, I will send you a couple of forms and an easy to follow guide on how to enter the project into the nes FAA "AWC" portal.

Regards,
Gary Brown DAR-T for the Portland FSDO ; DAR-F for the Seattle MIDO
[email protected]

Use Gary!

Hey, can anyone recommend a DAR who you might have enjoyed working with during your inspection process?

Looking to get the process started and hoping to find someone who can do a good job!

Thanks

Gary did my RV-14 in Eugene. It was a great experience and he is highly recommended.

Another vote for Gary- did my 7A a few weeks back. Great guy, learned a bit too from him.

And another: Gary inspected my Long-EZ last June in the height of the pandemic. Thanks, Gary.

Inspections - When?

Maybe a dumb question, but at what point throughout construction do you typically have someone come look over your work? After/during every different kit?

The DAR only needs to see the aircraft at the time of inspection, however, many DAR's like myself are Tech Counselors, and there are lots of other RV guys and tech counselors ready to help! Contact your local chapter!

DAR Gary

Back