What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADAHRS and GU 11 succes

RV10Man

Well Known Member
oops, the "M" on the GMU 11 didn't make it.
Now......if I could only figure out why I'm showing 83 psi oil pressure when the engine isn't even running.:confused:

I'm trying to figure out why the oil pressure gage is indicating 83 psi even with the engine not running. If I unplug the wire from the sensor, it will go to "0".
I've confirmed the wiring from the transducer/sender is correct to the GEA 24. the sender is the Kavlico 4055-150.
I've set the red line in the config. mode. Is there a calibration procedure to set it at zero?

I did find a couple of mistakes with some other things by accident, while searching the oil press. issue like the tach pick-up. It was in the wrong hole of the magneto.

The oil pressure is the only thing that has me concerned at this point. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you have the sense wire swapped with the ground wire on the Oil Pressure connector or at the GEA 24 -OR- you have the Vsup wired to a +12V output instead of a +5V output (J243 - Pin 18 instead of Pin 19). Check the voltage at the Oil Pressure connector.

Here's the pin-out for the SENSATA/KAVLICO sensors.

Pin A - GND (Black wire)
Pin B - Vsup (Red wire)
Pin C - Vout (Green wire)

Sounds like you have the sense wire swapped with the ground wire on the Oil Pressure connector or at the GEA 24 -OR- you have the Vsup wired to a +12V output instead of a +5V output (J243 - Pin 18 instead of Pin 19). Check the voltage at the Oil Pressure connector.

Here's the pin-out for the SENSATA/KAVLICO sensors.

Pin A - GND (Black wire)
Pin B - Vsup (Red wire)
Pin C - Vout (Green wire)

Thanks, I appreciate this.
I think I may have found the swapped wires. I googled G3X Kavlico oil pressure and a bunch of VAF forums showed up......from 2020. One of them was the exact scenario as mine. I did all the troubleshooting that was suggested in those old threads, and I think I actually found the problem. Just as you said, a couple of the wires from the sender to the GEA 24 were swapped. I'm showing 0 now on the OP gage. We'll see what I get now when I run the engine.

Back