What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

High step?

pierre smith

Well Known Member
How many of you, as you age, have found the step kinda high? My -10 is right at knee level, making it a ‘big’ step, to lift my weight.

How’ bout a portable step to halve the climb?

Regards,

Step

Harbor fraight has a foldable step stool. Tye a cord to it to make retrieving it possible. And there you go. I will be using one. Lol

The step height for all of the different models was designed to be 50% of the distance between the ground and the aft end of the wing walk, but since the second half of the distance has a fwd movement component added in, some people, depending on current agility, find that having something else to step on is helpful.

The small folding plastic step stools already mentioned have been found to be helpful by many people. Often times people will add a small cord so that it can easily be pulled up into the plane after they are standing on the wing or even in the seat.

The small folding plastic step stools already mentioned have been found to be helpful by many people. Often times people will add a small cord so that it can easily be pulled up into the plane after they are standing on the wing or even in the seat.

Pierre, when we met up at Chico some years ago, this is what Bob Mills had with his Rocket 6.

Worked fine, and I was glad he had it.

Got a nice light, folding plastic stool from Walmart. It did the trick when I needed it for my wife.

Carl

+1. Got one to make it easier for my 93 yr old dad to get in and out of my 7. It is almost 18" to the ground from the trailing edge of the flap when up. Just installed a shortened "A" model step on the pax side so it is about a 9" step now. Great for my 5'3" wife as well.

Well if you could manage to build an RV, why not a step. I have built a simple folding step using a few pieces of Vans special crating ;) a piece of hinge, and a few other pieces of alu to make one. No picture sorry.

Back