What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV7A Instructor Needed near DXR

Jerry10000

I'm New Here
I am in need of an instructor for the insurance requirements of the purchase of a RV7A at DXR (Danbury, CT). This is also my home airport. Does anyone know of someone with at least 25 hours of PIC who can assist me? Thanks in advance, Jerry Pozniak. 914-282-9702 or [email protected]

[Please do not cross post in multiple sub-forums--duplicate posts have been deleted; S.Buchanan]

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome

Welcome to the fun world of rvs. Couple things if i can. You posted three diff threads all looking for same thing this am?

Also if you are new to RV world and need to pay for some instruction, I would suggest you find a true pro, not just someone that fills the bare min requirments. Rvs are easy to fly but ... well worth paying for someone who is very experienced in them (not just 25 hours or so) and also has the skills to teach well. I would find someone that is maybe free lance instructor and hundreds of rv hours. Figure that would be worth the cost.

Enjoy your new plane.

A couple of questions...

Jerry,
It would help everyone here to might be able to help to post some details of what you require.

Do you need complete transition training? What were you flying before? Your hours and experience?

Any flight experience in the RV series of aircraft? If so, which ones and how much?

Or, are you looking for someone to fly with you simply to satisfy the insurance requirements?

Please let us know and perhaps we can help you find the right instructor for the task at hand.

Instruction Needed

Thanks for the advice. I would like to find someone to transition me from flying my Grumman Yankee to the RV7A, safely.

So someone with a lot of experience, not just the bare minimum. I currently have 600+ hours and about 400 hours in the Grumman. I have a PPL, VFR only with about 20 hours of tailwheel.

I have zero time in any Van's aircraft other than the demo flights that I have taken.

Jerry Pozniak

Thanks for the advice. I would like to find someone to transition me from flying my Grumman Yankee to the RV7A, safely.

So someone with a lot of experience, not just the bare minimum. I currently have 600+ hours and about 400 hours in the Grumman. I have a PPL, VFR only with about 20 hours of tailwheel.

I have zero time in any Van's aircraft other than the demo flights that I have taken.

Jerry Pozniak

Anyone listed on this page will be your absolute best bet:
https://www.vansaircraft.com/rv-flight-training/

They're ALL worth traveling to, adjusting your schedule for, etc. The training you'll get is worth any inconvenience and every penny.

Back