What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wife just called, bad news

bret

Well Known Member
I just painted all my emp parts and hung them in the living room on the 10 foot hi beam out of the way, she said the HS and elevators fell......my heart stopped and started freaking out, 1 year of work and 1,000.00 of fresh paint. THEN she goes on to tell me April fools, she is in big trouble when I get home from work.

Although it was an April Fool's joke, and a good one at that, it was still not right! That would be an adrenaline rush for sure.

Whew! right where I left it!

DSC01894.jpg

These types of jokes should be illegal even on Fool's Day. Write your Senator the same day :D

Good Sign!

At least she was thinking of you and the plane.
When you get it flying and you are aerobatic proficient, you will need to take her up on April Fools day, and don't even mention her scaring you today.
It could be your lil surprize! ;)

Any wife that let's you hang RV parts inside the house is a keeper. I think us with RV's are blessed with much better than average wifes. During my building phase, my wife use to ask about these small pieces of silber material in the dryer, carpet, etc....I just kept quiet with a puzzled look on my face....probably never fooled her for a moment.

You have some beautiful tail feathers, what are they going on?

Wife's Joke

Bret..

I believe you should just accept your wife's off color remark and press on. Any woman willing to let her husband air dry airplane parts in "her" living room and still have a sense of humor is a definite "keeper"!! Any wife, not particularly yours, can make aircraft ownership very difficult as it takes resources that some women feel are better served elsewhere. This is from a guy married 47 years to the same person and owned an airplane since 1968 which took a lot of family compromises over those years. Aviation has a way of doing that and some marriages are not durable enough to accommodate both so just take the jibe as a judgement issue.

BTW Your paint job looks really good.

Dick DeCramer
RV6 N500DD Flying but down for engine work
RV8 Fuselage on gear
Northfield, MN

take her to dinner...

for letting you hang your airplane parts all over. then eat and drink well and make her pick up the tab for being MEAN on April Fools's Day!

Back