What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rv-10 in Portland?

Skeejere

Any -10’s based and flying in the Portland, OR area? My brother and I just ordered our empannage kit. We are scheduled to attend the fundamentals class at synergy air on September 12th, and we had hoped to do the Vans tour and demo flight on Friday the 11th. But now we are beginning to suspect Vans May continue to be closed to tours and flights. So in case Vans doesn’t work out, looking for a possible meet and greet and demo flight in an Rv-10 on the 11th if anybody in the area is willing. We’d pay fuel, expenses and even lunch. And we’d wear masks of course.

Eugene is a ways from Portland. There are a couple of -10s at Independence a lot closer. We can work something out if Van’s is still down. Send your info in a private Email

Check with Van’s before you arrive expecting a tour. Several years ago only the office personnel worked on Fridays. I got a nice tour on a Friday but it would have been better if the factory had been up and running. At that time they worked four 10 hour days (Mon-Thurs) in the factory.

RV-10 Portland area

I just finished my tailcone last night. I'm in West Linn, so if you need to borrow a tool without waiting for mail order, let me know. There's a great group of builders here in the area and they've been very helpful to me. Send me a PM.

Back