What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

naca vent

stamper

Well Known Member
Dumb question. I am ready to put my naca vents in but when I held it up to the cut out of the skin I noticed right away that it would be hard to get a clamp that was long enough to reach the bottom of the vent. The top one can get a clamp on. How did everyone hold their naca vent in place with enough pressure on it until the pro seal had cured. Also has anyone ever used sikaflex for this. Thanks

I used 3 AN3 flush rivets on mine, one forward and 2 aft. Located NACA, drilled rivet holes and prepped for flush, held in place with clecos until the pro-seal cured, then riveted. Some Gorilla tape probable strategically placed would have probably worked fine holding it in place temporarily now that I think about it.

Naca vent

I haven't done it yet but I thought I would drill a very small hole in the naca vent, bridge the opening with a small piece of wood and use safety wire and safety wire pliers to pull it goodentight until the proseal sets.

Clamps for NACA vents...

Know a wood worker? Big wood clamps worked great for me.

687ec7.jpg

Dkb

vent

Thanks for all the great ideas. heading to the airport to go put all four of them in now. Going to try sikaflex. I use this in Alaska on my aluminum boat all the time and you can't pull anything off of it after it is on plus it is whole lot cheaper then proseal.

Bar clamp/spreader

I used a reversible bar clamp and a length of wood to tension between both vents across the cabin.

got it done was real easy. got the top on and fitted yesterday also. ready for painting the interior later this week. Thanks for the help

I used two pairs of really strong magnets just to hold it in place the glue will harden and keeps them well attached so far.

Mike
Painting_007.jpg

Painting_008.jpg

Last edited:
Consider utilizing an expandable shower curtain rod. They offer good force application and are easy to apply and adjust. I placed my naca vents both fore and aft and Safe Air static ports with good success.

Back