What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Neeewwwbbb

JeremyL

Well Known Member
Hey all you cool cats and kittens 😉. I am new to this forum and I am in the process of planning a build. My plane of interest and budget is a 7. I am hoping to find a kind fellow aviator with a 7 near me that hopefully I could take a ride in. Fuel is on me! The east coast rep has a 10 and 14 but no 7. I intend to try those aircraft as well but I really want to test out a 7. Hope to hear from you guys.

giphy.gif

Welcome

Hey all you cool cats and kittens 😉. I am new to this forum and I am in the process of planning a build. My plane of interest and budget is a 7. I am hoping to find a kind fellow aviator with a 7 near me that hopefully I could take a ride in. Fuel is on me! The east coast rep has a 10 and 14 but no 7. I intend to try those aircraft as well but I really want to test out a 7. Hope to hear from you guys.

Welcome. Good choice! :D

Tips

Thanks guys! I can’t wait to start the endeavor. Any tips or advice?

Yes.
Lots of tips on my blog. Feel free. There's also a Basic Builder Log spreadsheet. One tab is the complete 7(a) inventory.
#1. ALWAYS do a search beforre starting a component and look for specific tips or gotchas. Don't make our mistakes.
#2. When in doubt, STOP! Walk away and ask. Don't make our mistakes.
Have some fun!

Thanks guys! I can’t wait to start the endeavor. Any tips or advice?

Just be aware that this "ride" will be one of the most expensive rides of your life.

Even though it is well worth it in the long run.

Highly recommend that you befriend a local builder with experience. He or she will save you many anxious moments and sleepless nights and help you through the rough spots.

We’ve already made most of the mistakes and we are happy to make sure you don’ repeat them. And don’t underdimple!

V

Thank you all. Vlittle, i was hoping to find one via posting in the mid atlantic section, so we will see.

Vlad and Mel, i have burnt through 5 calculators running numbers again and again and again and again......... haha but seriously i am a numbers guy and have called every company i would source for an estimate, so i should be +/- 2 grand.

Thank you all. Vlittle, i was hoping to find one via posting in the mid atlantic section, so we will see.

Vlad and Mel, i have burnt through 5 calculators running numbers again and again and again and again......... haha but seriously i am a numbers guy and have called every company i would source for an estimate, so i should be +/- 2 grand.

Increase your estimate by 10% to be more realistic. Avoids surprises.

Back