What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Annual needed RV-9A at KMDQ

ColFly

I'm New Here
IFR annual needed for an RV-9A I am purchasing located at KMDQ in Huntsville, AL.

The IFR Annual will also serve as a pre-buy inspection. The airplane is IFR capable and prefer an IFR certification to ferry this airplane home to Las Vegas, NV.

Also, if you are interested to ferry the airplane for your expenses, please message me, thank you.
Josh

The airplane is IFR capable and prefer an IFR certification to ferry this airplane home to Las Vegas, NV.

One of my maxims is never to fly IFR in an unfamiliar airplane, both to avoid gotchas in the airplane and to make sure that I know how everything operates -- and in a homebuilt, there's always a chance of undocumented "features."

Plus, with some glass cockpits, the way the plane is wired could make a difference as to how features things operate that may be undocumented.

I'm still finding new things that are/aren't as I expect in my avionics...

Josh, I think you will find several highly qualified RV knowledgeable A&Ps near Huntsville, AL to help out. Good luck.

:cool:

Not sure what is meant by "IFR Annual" or "IFR certification", unless the OP was referring to the pitot-static tests.
I second Ed's advice: It sometimes takes hours to really figure out an EAB airplane's avionics, what works, what doesn't, etc. Doing so while in IMC is not what I would advise.

I talked to Josh on the phone. He wants an annual condition inspection and an IFR Pitot/Static check done on an RV-9A, preferably one right after the other. :cool:

Last edited:
I learned the annual inspection was just completed last week, so it is only the pitot/static and transponder check needed. The desired IFR cert is not so much for the ferry, but to get it done with. I definitely will learn and experiment with the avionics in VMC conditions.
Thanks for the warm welcome all, I look forward to becoming part of the community.

Back