What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

KOSH HBC parking hand signals

Captain_John

Well Known Member
Jeff or anyone else in the know,

There hasn't been any mention of it this year, but I was wondering...

Are the hand signals for parking still in effect?

I usually like all the way back by the tent (now the pavillion, I suppose?) and use three fingers.

We still doing that? Will the parking people know what I am doing if I signal three?

:cool: CJ

Better than normal

I'm sure the three finger salute is better than the one finger salute you normally display in my direction! :eek:

Thanks Jeff!

Reposting your answer here for others...

:cool: CJ

Jeff's reply:

We tried that for a few years but we've moved away from it for a couple of reasons. The biggest one is the relocation of the camping facilities, which erased the distinction between "in the back" and "close to facilities". Those 2 choices amounted to about 95% of the requests and since they are now the same thing, it became pointless.

The other factor was the number of early arrivals increasing every year, so it go to the point where we just couldn't sort out this way by some time Sunday morning.

As others noted we do start filling HBC at the west end and work east. At the same time we start the non-camping RV parking at the east end and work west. The two meet in the middle some time on Sunday or early Monday
Tech Counselor & President, EAA Chapter 18
Milwaukee
http://home.mindspring.com/~rv6/RV6site

Back