What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N803DK - #92013 - Done!

Dbro172

Well Known Member
It's official, N803DK is an airplane! Just under 2.5 years thanks to my understanding wife, VAF and most recently the Ramona, CA contingent of RV'ers.

102kq53.jpg

Last edited:
Derek, great news. It is a great thing seeing another 9A finished. Now I want mine finished!! Have fun with your new plane!

Congrats!

Amazing what a quick build fuselage will do to speed up the build! Great workmanship on the tail and wings by you, and I'm sure it will fly beautifully. Hopefully we can finish up our respective Phase 1's and venture forth to new places.

I figure the QB fuse saved me 6 months. Also the Steinair Panel probably saved another 6 months although the panel did take 6 months of planning and 6 months of lead time to be delivered, so I had that going on in the background. Both the pre built fuse and pre built panel took about a year to finish, despite their "pre built" status.

All time low of the project was deburring wing skins. The two things I'd never wish to do again are the cowl and filtered air box.

Last edited:
congrats!

good job! looks well built. enjoy the phase I. you're going to like it.

note: if that's a Superior XP-O-320 with Precision carb, consider a sump riser insert if you have excessive engine coughing when full rich when the power is reduced. if it's not, never mind.

note: if that's a Superior XP-O-320 with Precision carb, consider a sump riser insert if you have excessive engine coughing when full rich when the power is reduced. if it's not, never mind.

If you are referring to the spacer between the carb and the sump, it already has one, came like that from Aerosport. If not, let me know. Thanks!

Great job, Doug. You and I have close to the same S/N. Mine is 92051 and took about 2 years, 4 months. Enjoy your first flight and beyond.

Great job, Doug. You and I have close to the same S/N. Mine is 92051 and took about 2 years, 4 months. Enjoy your first flight and beyond.

Oooops, My bad. My serial number is actually 92103.... looks like i goofed the title. and yes - 2 years 4 months exactly. went back to my build log last night to check!

Back