What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

N96LV First Flight May 7, 2014

polishpilot

Well Known Member
96LV took to the sky on May 7 and was the culmination of 3 years work. All systems appeared to be working with the exception of my SL30 transmit function failing in flight. I had my transition training in a 9A early in the day and flew my plane in the late afternoon. Great feeling and my nervous Sweetheart to greet me on my return. Now to look into that radio problem.
N96LV1stFlight4_zpsb915ebcb.jpg

P10308251280x960_zpsf8123b9f.jpg

Last edited:
Congratulations!!

Jim, congrats on the first flight.

DANG, that is a lot of maiden voyages lately:D

Nice!

Jim, congrats on the first flight.

DANG, that is a lot of maiden voyages lately:D

Hey Mike...the planecicles are thawing......plus isn't springtime when all the new baby birds leave the nest and spread their wings for the first time? :cool:

Jim.....a big congratulations...let the adventures begin....YOL BOLSON:D

Congratulations Jim!!! The first flight is an experience you will never ever forget!!

Happy phase 1.

Cheers,

db

Hey Jim...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's such a beautiful plane. Wow! Have fun with phase 1, please plan on coming down this way when you're finished. I can't wait to see it in person! :)

Congrats!

looks well built. the 9A is a good xcountry machine. last week Cincinnati to El Paso, arrived 5:30 pm for tacos with my son. then on to Victorville CA by Marana airport. I'm continually impressed with the 9A.

Thanks for all the comments folks. It is a nice feeling after all the work. The only item noted on the airworthiness inspection was a loose nut (not the pilot) on the manifold pressure steel line. I hope that is a good sign. I love how this plane flies.

Back