What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV coffee table

Wiley

So proud of my son graduating this month with a BS in aerospace engineering from Texas A&M. Decided to build him as much of an RV as he could carry along the way. Exactly 1/2 of an 8 HS.

F46DC468-2BDC-4D7E-86F0-86C9CAEE1D21.jpg

(I may have to get him to post the picture)

C3989960-B011-42C9-B88E-9417B579458D.jpg

0EC04F20-3BD2-42A1-8743-79C5007C485F.jpg

Legs attach with 5/8” rods inside. Extra brackets riveted with existing holes. Brackets have two shaft collars each, accessed through lighting holes on the ends. No external changes except nut plates along the leading 1/4 of the HS for bumper screws.

If anyone is needing a sharp new grad, I can sure get you in touch.;)

Eric---Take an engine core, pretty it up, put it on a rolling dolly like a furniture mover, make some clear panels so you can see it.
Thats a coffee table. I did that YEARS ago with a old Chevy 327. No it didnt win any points with the 1st wife. But was a cool conversation piece.

Tom

This looks great and thank you for sharing. I think this will be my next build for the loft in my hangar.

Any other ideas out there for RV furniture or accessories?

It was good to get back into building. Waiting on a -10 kit.
Love the Experimental world. All new parts for $380. Image that compared to anything certified.

Thanks Wiley & Tom for the great ideas how to use up all the various left over flight surfaces, controls & engines I have laying around. Could be a perfect retirement activity & therapy for a confirmed hangar 'hoarder'.

Last edited:
Now I know what to do with my extra HS. Had been kicking around making a bar table out of it. Saw something similar at a aviation themed brewery in Denver.

Back