What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pictures of Electric Flap Install

TheFrisco

I have been searching this forum and other places to see pictures of the electric flap actuator installed on an RV4, but no luck.

Anybody has any pictures please? Under the floor and on the side wall?

Thanks Robert

Side wall install RV4

64FFC1BF-59B9-4D73-9E55-28957B1F061E.jpeg

Some modification (welding) was necessary to make the RV8 type install in my RV4

Last edited:
I know this photo doesn't help a lot, but the one in the -4 I had was mounted under the floor. You can see the motor just to the left of the control column mounted to the left bulkhead. The rest disappeared under the floor and I don't remember what it did at the back end. Unfortunately, I don't have a photo of that area.

IMG_0296-L.jpg

OEM VANS set-up

I installed the VANs option while building my -4. The kit is complete with all mounts and instructions. The flap control weldment is different than the one used in manual flap set-up, but the original could be modified to eliminate the flap handle attach point and install the drive arm for the flap motor jackscrew. There is also a second set of nylon pivot blocks with the electric set-up. All components are under the tunnel floor. Jim's set-up works just as good, and I have seen several set-ups in the side panel, which may be an easier retrofit. Either way, some re-work has to be done, but nothing major. here are a couple pics I have of mine from the build days.Flap motor.jpg

Flap system.jpg

Back