What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

NEXT RV: 4 Place (2+2) Io-360 150kt+ aerobatic

1 Task

This is basically a Grumman tiger that can do acrobatics. Super doable. Rv-10 is awesome but its too expensive and not aerobatic. This would COMPLETELY cover almost 99% of peoples needs. A do it all kinda airplane. Something you wouldnt mind spending the money and hours building (should be under 1,200 painted!)!

Thoughts?!

Sia Marchetti

a few years ago, just about the time the 10 kits were becoming available, I mentioned to Van he should design a fixed gear Sia Marchetti with a 540 upfront ! Aerobatic with two little seats in the back for those seldom needed four Place cross country flights , I think he simply gave me the nod & smiled!!!

a few years ago, just about the time the 10 kits were becoming available, I mentioned to Van he should design a fixed gear Sia Marchetti with a 540 upfront ! Aerobatic with two little seats in the back for those seldom needed four Place cross country flights , I think he simply gave me the nod & smiled!!!

When trying to find a plane that can carry 4 people, is practical, and can go faster then a 172 while not breaking the bank...I always come back to the Grumman Tiger. What an incredible plane. The only thing wrong with it is that its nearly 50 years old! Id love to build a new tiger, let alone one that could do some aerobatics!

Rv-10 is awesome but its a big 4 place plane with a 540 up front. $$$

I would love a 14 with 2 extra 172 style maybe removable rear seats!!!! If it was an option on the 14 I would bet it would be selected 100% of the time!

NO BRAINER!!!

VANS PLEASE DO THIS!!!!

PRETTY PLEASE!!!! WITH SUGAR ON TOP!!!! :D

RV-14A with Rear Bench Seat

PLUS + PLUS on the RV14A with a rear Bench seat ! Stretch it out a little shrink the Cargo area a little, throw in a IO-390 with C/S Prop and you could have a SUPER-TIGER! I have previously owned the Grumman Traveler, Cheetah and Tiger, Loved the handling and versatility and the Slider Canopy. Could only wish for it to be an EAB !

Do it!

...I would love a 14 with 2 extra 172 style maybe removable rear seats!!!! If it was an option on the 14 I would bet it would be selected 100% of the time!

NO BRAINER!!!

VANS PLEASE DO THIS!!!!

PRETTY PLEASE!!!! WITH SUGAR ON TOP!!!! :D
That's the beauty of experimental aviation - you can do this yourself today! Call it a RV-14-stretch.

Is the -14 roomy enough with a slider canopy for a small bench in the baggage compartment? The backseat in the SF260 is pretty small...

Other than aerobatics the Glasair Sportsman checks all those boxes.

I have a bag full of Grumman time and love those airplanes. Still, they are tight for two guys who are anything but toothpicks - shoulder room is not comfortable. The Sportsman, on the other hand, is comfortable for all but two fullbacks sitting side by side.

I agree with the awesomeness of the Tiger. I owned one and loved it and if they made an Experimental one I'd buy it.

Attachments

• AG-5B Tiger.jpg
    AG-5B Tiger.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 296
Last edited:
Back