What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Supply's needed to finish wheel pants?

riobison

Well Known Member
Just finally getting around to doing my Van wheel pants and lower fairings. Pant and fairings are here, sandpaper, laser levels, bracket made to hold and align the pants already made.

Just wondering on how much resin, hardener, recommended cloth, flox, microbeads and or anything else I my need to order to finish this?

Thanks

Tim

You probably won’t need much of anything. A bit of sanding and mine were almost there straight out of the box. A bit of resin and a bit of flox needed in the final fit, but not much. Trimming and sanding were the major task.:)
Cheers, DaveH

I recently made my upper and lower intersection fairings and finished the wheel pants. I had some leftover materials, so I can't say for certain what I used, but for each fairing, I'd guess it was about 2 square feet of cloth, maybe 80 grams resin, a teaspoon of flox (if any) and a few tablespoons of micro balloons. I used 8.95 oz/yd cloth from ACS (p/n 7781-50) and West Systems 105 & 206 based on recommendations I received on VAF.

Attachments

• 2020-09-20 16.55.57.jpg
    2020-09-20 16.55.57.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 338
I recently made my upper and lower intersection fairings and finished the wheel pants. I had some leftover materials, so I can't say for certain what I used, but for each fairing, I'd guess it was about 2 square feet of cloth, maybe 80 grams resin, a teaspoon of flox (if any) and a few tablespoons of micro balloons. I used 8.95 oz/yd cloth from ACS (p/n 7781-50) and West Systems 105 & 206 based on recommendations I received on VAF.

Nicely done Rob.

Back