What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rosen sun shades

TJCF16

Well Known Member
Has anyone installed the Rosen sun shades in their RV? They sure looked good at the booth at SNF. $400.00 + seems high. Just wondering if they are worth it.

$400? I bought one at SNF from Spruce for an RV-8 for under $250. It isn't installed yet but it looks pretty in the box in my hangar.

Somewhere (can't remember where) I recently saw a pic of RAM shades adapted to the canopy frame. Looked very nice.

Has anyone installed the Rosen sun shades in their RV? They sure looked good at the booth at SNF. $400.00 + seems high. Just wondering if they are worth it.

I can't comment from an RV-specific perspective however I can vouch for the quality of the Rosen product. I was fortunate to find a fellow Sportsman builder who opted not to install his so I purchased them at an OSH show special price from several years ago, saving about $100 off list. They are worth their weight in gold when cruising into a setting or rising sun.

I bought Rosen?s shades for the 310/340 and put them in my RV-10. Seem solid, pricey but what isn?t.....

I have the Rosen shades in my RV-7A slider. My wife actually instructed me to put them in after flying in our hangar mate's Mooney that has them.

They are installed in my 10, a very nice option. Especially if a good portion of your flights include an early departure eastbound!

Back