What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin D2 vs Garmin D2 Bravo? Opinions

N62XS

Well Known Member
Are either worth the money? Which one is better? Would you buy one? Which one? New or used?

Wish the Apple Watch 2 would interface/run Garmin Pilot?

Any information is appreciated.

Dynon D2

I bought Dynon D2 at Oshkosh this year. It is complete stand alone EFIS. I mounted it at Oshkosh and flew with it back to Seattle. I do fly IFR, sometimes.

1. D2 comes up level quickly and consistently
2. D2 is readable and easy to see
3. D2 was stable not jumpy.
4. I would trust it as a backup AI in IMC.

Yes it is worth the money if you fly IMC with a vacuum pump and have no other backup attitude indicator.

PS, I see Dynon is offering $100 rebate if you buy now.
Have Fun

Get the Apple Watch 2 and look on the EFIS screen in the plane.

I have an Apple Watch 2 and for what I use it for it works great. Phone calls, text messages, calendar, altimeter and the car navigation works really good on the Apple Watch 2. I find that I only need to charge it every two days and I actually use it more than I thought I would. Last week I flew commercial to Birmingham and it was really nice to have the flight and gate information on the watch when we changed planes, Expedia Watch Ap. I also find that Apple Pay is really convenient using the watch.

Rob Hickman
N402RH RV-10

Last edited:
I've been wearing a D2 while flying for a few years. My friends like that I have 5 GPSs operating. I better not ever get lost.

It's a nice gadget and I do check the data like NRST and such. I think it could be helpful in an emergency.

AeroWeather Pro on the Apple Watch and iPhone combo is pretty useful, too. You can set up your preferred airports to show the current METAR data, etc.

I like my D2. 5 minute install with the heavy duty velcro.

DSCN0214.jpg

Back