What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder Pedal Travel

Zazoos

Well Known Member
The copilot right rudder gusset hits the left rudder cross tube when the left rudder pedal is pressed. This wouldn't be an issue but left rudder deflection is only about 15 degrees when the right pedal gusset hits the cross tube.

With the ruder cable disconnected I get the full 35 degrees of travel in either direction.

I could grind on the gusset to get a bit more clearance, but I doubt I will get much more travel before the brake cylinder attachment bolts hit the cross tube.

I think my next step is to make two aluminum strips about 1.5 inches in length and and put them inline between the cable and the rudder pedal attachment point. My thought is this would move the neutral point of the rudder pedals back 1.5 inches back giving the pedals 1.5 more inches of forward travel. Not sure how many degrees of deflection that will give me at the rudder, nor do I know if I will be able to reach the pedals or at least comfortably.

Any thoughts?

Back