What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin sensor kit K00-00512-00

SteveL

Good morning!
I'm connecting my engine sensors. My setup is: RV7A, 2 G3X touch displays, standard Van's IO360 M1B. The firewall forward kit comes with the Garmin sensor kit. There are 2 Kavlico sensors included in the kit which connect to the VA 168 transducer manifold. REF: construction drawing OP 27. Oil pressure and manifold pressure. A fuel pressure sensor is not included in the kit. The VA-168 transducer manifold has 3 ports. Do I need fuel pressure or is fuel flow through the kit included "Red Cube" sufficient for my setup?
Thanks!
SteveL

The Red cube is for fuel flow, you will need to obtain a fitting for the "outlet" side of the engine driven fuel pump that you plumb to Van's manifold where a fuel pressure transducer should be mounted. Don't forget a restrictor on the fitting that leaves the fuel pump. If you research the Kavlico fuel pressure sensor, you will find they have a new upgraded sensor available, as there were reported leaking issues with the older version.

You may find it easier to NOT route the manifold pressure line to the VA-168 manifold block and just use the VA-168 for fuel & oil pressure.

It is normal to use the port on the right rear of the engine, right behind cylinder 3. BTW, there maybe some interference issues with the fitting on the engine and the baffles - tweak things as necessary. I used adel clamps secure the MP hose to the engine mount.

When you buy the fuel pressure sensor make sure you get the correct one, depending on whether you have carb or FI.

Also, if you want to mount the Kavlico sensor parallel with the firewall, you need to add a spacer behind the VA-168 ( I just used washers).

Back