What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Podcasts

thompsonbr87

Well Known Member
Are there any aviation podcasts you follow? I've found a couple that are aviation related, but curious to see what others have discovered. I found a couple of older threads, but given how some podcasts have a tendency to come and go, I'm sure some have stood the test of time better than others, and I'm sure there are probably some newer ones since the most recent discussion.

The Finer Points
Uncontrolled Airspace
Airplane Geeks
Aviation News Talk
Stuck Mic
Airplane Owners
In the Pattern
Pilot's Journey

Not Updated Recently:
AOPA Never Again
Flaps
Direct To
Instrument Pilot
Oddball Pilot

Last edited:
I was trying to remember the show from the early years of podcasting in which all the hosts were introduced as "Pilot (and their given name)" ie, Pilot Kent, Pilot Tiffany etc. Listening to them helped encourage me to become a pilot.

Found it: The show is called Pilotcast and I see they put out a couple episodes this past year. Glad those podcasters are still around.

Aviator Cast...over 100 episodes. Bud Anderson, SR-71 Pilots, Bush Pilots...lots of others.

Podcast

The one I like the most is:
Just Plane Radio

Why We Fly is from Nashville, TN

My current list of podcasts has:
Airplane Geeks
Airspeed
Aviation News Talk
The Green Dot
Hangar Talk
In the Pattern
Just Plane Radio
Podcasting on a Plane
The Finer Points
Uncontrolled Airspace

Home building podcast?

I have fantasies of starting a podcast geared towards the homebuilding and diy side of aviation. Something that includes education, tips, history, news, and hanger flying similar in format to The Orbital Mechanics Podcast.

But honestly, Jason Ellis?s youtube channel checks off a lot of what I?m looking for.

Back