What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jamesaircraft airfilter kit

Selma

Is anyone out there familiar with Jamesaircraft's MK3 airfilter kit?

I was wondering if their MK3 airfilter kit for a carbureted engine would be a good choice (RV9a with an O320 D1A / Sensenich fix pitch prop) instead the standard airfilter setting from Vans with the airfilter's cutout for the carburetors acceleration pump.

Thanks for your advice
Pit

Last edited:
Do you have the long or short SJ cowl?

That won't work on the short cowl.

Here are some pictures of how I made/modified my airbox.

standard cowl

Thanks Bill,
for your comment and pics. Its a flying RV9a (250 h) and I do not use Jamesaircraft's cowling, I am on Vans standard level only.

My concern is the existing FAB and the big K&N filter which needs that RTV filled cutout to provide space for the carburetors acceleration pumpe. I thought to upgrade to Jamesaircraft's MK3 airfilter kit to get rid of that vibration issue to the carburetor. The design of Jamesaircraft's filter box and connecting tube to the carb seems to be just slim enough to keep clear of the acceleration pump.

When I came across Jamesaircraft's website I thought someone out there in this big country has used Jamesaircraft's airfilter kit in a standard carbureted RV9 or 7

Thanks
Pit

Last edited:
Back