What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Triple Tree Fly-In Sept. 3-7 SC00

traynhr

First, a disclosure......I am a very proud volunteer at Triple Tree. Next, on behalf of Mr. Pat, the staff (1 person) and over 100 volunteers, I want to personally invite the entire Van's Air Force to the eighth annual Triple Tree Fly-In scheduled for Sept. 3-7. We have added an additional 15 acres of shaded parking, a new pond, two new bridges and a new "Taste of Triple Tree" evening meal focusing on regional culinary specialties. Also, our ever popular "Cook your own steak night" will allow faster grilling as we have added seven new grills (made right here at Triple Tree) each of which can accommodate 50 steaks. This is addition to our old grill which could accommodate 100 steaks! The 7,000 x 400 ft. grass runway is in spectacular condition and the fish are biting in the lakes. We are all excited to host our great friends again this year. Check us out at www.tripletreeaerodrome.com and be sure to look at both the refueling and arrival changes for this year' event.

See you there!
Rob Traynham
Volunteer Spokesperson

Always wanted to do the Joe Knall event when I flew RC. Now I can't wait to fly the RV to Triple Tree. Even talked my wife into camping for a couple of nights. See you there.

Don't Miss This One ...

First, a disclosure......I am a very proud volunteer at Triple Tree. Next, on behalf of Mr. Pat, the staff (1 person) and over 100 volunteers, I want to personally invite the entire Van's Air Force to the eighth annual Triple Tree Fly-In scheduled for Sept. 3-7. We have added an additional 15 acres of shaded parking, a new pond, two new bridges and a new "Taste of Triple Tree" evening meal focusing on regional culinary specialties. Also, our ever popular "Cook your own steak night" will allow faster grilling as we have added seven new grills (made right here at Triple Tree) each of which can accommodate 50 steaks. This is addition to our old grill which could accommodate 100 steaks! The 7,000 x 400 ft. grass runway is in spectacular condition and the fish are biting in the lakes. We are all excited to host our great friends again this year. Check us out at www.tripletreeaerodrome.com and be sure to look at both the refueling and arrival changes for this year' event.

See you there!
Rob Traynham
Volunteer Spokesperson

Ditto everything Rob said, and .....

A few weeks ago, Pat gave me a tour of the "new stuff".

It is amazing what gets added from year to year (I originally made several of the planning meetings a few years ago, can't make it now but still follow the planning from afar).

The camping on the river should be a big hit.
The new cleared acreage (but the trees are left in tack) is great.
New pond fed by steam with bridges that are replicas of a famous French painting as I recall.

And did I mention there is a "party beach" being built? (Yup, on the western edge of the river)

And finally for the REALLY BIG RV's, "hook-ups".

And oh, I forgot the little island.

Should be a"good-ern" to go to.

James
(ROB, please correct anything that I stated incorrectly!!!!)
(Or should NOT have said. ) :)

New Approach....no talking

New procedure this year posted. No calls at Wally World, if you do you owe $1.00 to the tip jar at the base of the tower........

If there is not too much convection or mountain obscuration Fri-Sun, we will fly south over the hills Fri PM for our 3rd year in a row.

Three RV's from FL...

There will be three of us arriving tomorrow and departing Saturday about noon. Two of us will launch from 7FL4 about 0930. We will have a -6, -7- and an -8. Looking forward to a great few days.

My boss at work tried to tell me I couldn't take time off on Friday unless I had some b******t report uploaded to our intranet. What a joke. Anyway, I complied. I want to keep my job but nothing, 'cept bad weather, will keep me from attending a fly-in, especially when it's Triple Tree.

I will be flying in Friday by noon and stay until about the same time Saturday or Sunday.

The airplane is clean, fueled, and about half packed for the trip.

But it is looking like a wet weekend in the SE.

Decisions, decisions...

Heading out the doorH

4:40AM - Heading to the airport for a 6:30 departure. Two RV-9A's from Zephyrhills and should be there by 9:30 or 10:00.

We made it

Flew IFR over to greenwood, shot the gps approach to runway 9 and waited on the ground for 45 minutes for the ceiling to lift. Ceiling was 500 when we landed at GRD and 1200 when we took off. Quick 10 minute flight. Ceilings are much better now and the traffic has picked up.

Vic

FAA's iPad seminar at Triple Tree, Saturday, Sept 6

The FAA is having an iPad seminar at triple Tree Saturday morning at 10:00 AM.

It's a big place,----I guess there'll be room for all?? Odd that both events are scheduled at the same time.:confused:

Or maybe that's the whole idea.:p

Back