What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

15x6.00-6 vs standard 600x6?

RudiGreyling

Well Known Member
Aviators,

What is the main difference between the vans rv 10 15x6.00-6 and the normal 600x6 tires?

I want to order a new set of desser monster retreads but they do not offer 15?s hence my question?

Thanks in advance.

Diameter

A 15x6.00-6 is smaller diameter, approximately 14.75”. A standard 6.00-6 is approximately 17.75”.

Last edited:
Aviators,

What is the main difference between the vans rv 10 15x6.00-6 and the normal 600x6 tires?

I want to order a new set of desser monster retreads but they do not offer 15?s hence my question?

Thanks in advance.

Dresser does offer them in their std retread, just not the monster.

Larry

Retreads

For what its worth, I worked very closely with Desser and Cee Baileys producing the plexi for the RV-10, so I had a biase, however I had their monster retreads and they lasted 1 year before I ended up trashing them. Although I balanced them initially they ended up needing so much weight that after 1 year of usage they became so out of balance I needed to trash them.
I bought Wilkersons ($60) for far less than the monsters and they didnt need any weights for balancing, thus far I am very happy with them, the support is also very good and accommodating.(aka- they'll find whatever size tire you need)

1+ for trading with Wilkerson not only are they local to me, their recaps last and last also wear very evenly . Best value I'ave found for tiers.

Interesting tidbit I got from Bill Wilkerson several years ago was that they actually applied the tread ( cap) to the Space shuttle tiers, I thought WOW who would have thought that a small family run business in Crew, VA played a part in the space program. Speaks very well for the toughness of their products.

Back